Vice President for Science of IBM, Dario Gil, talked about five major areas of technology development until 2022.
1. The first forecast is related to the possibilities of artificial intelligence, which will make the words a window in our mental health. In the next 5 years, people will learn to use machine learning and natural language processing to predict and control mental illnesses – schizophrenia, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s diseases using mobile devices.
2. Hyperspectral vision and artificial intelligence will allow us to see how superheroes. People will be able to see the microwave and millimeter wave radiation, the infrared image, see through the fog and hidden obstacles. Technology will allow color blinds to see the world in color.
3. By 2022 with the help of macroscopes we will be able to understand the complexity of the Earth in the future. Using software and algorithms, scientists will collect and analyze all information about the Earth in order to understand the mechanisms of climate change and the global food shortage.
4. IBM predicts that after 5 years, medical laboratories will fit in a single chip, which will allow tracking diseases at the nanoscale before the onset of symptoms.
5. Environmental monitoring in 2022 will be carried out instantly with the help of a network of unmanned vehicles and ultra-fast intelligent sensors. Currently, the corporation is working on the technology of silicon photonics, which will transmit information about pollution at the speed of light.